This Is How We Shot These Dim Sum Food Items.
1. The owner contacted me earlier this month to have her new Dim Sum food items photographed. There are 4 new items which are Chives Chicken Roll (fried), Golden Shrimp Roll - (fried), Stuffed Mushroom - (steam) & Japanese Sweet Potato Bun - (steam)
2. She previously had another photographer shot her other items, so I had to match the photo style to the earlier photos. The style was to be in a low key dark mood images. For this shoot session, I prepared some props to highlight the theme such as Bamboo Steamer, Chopsticks, Chinese Tea Set, Bamboo Woven Plate among other things. I used very minimum props in order not to make the scene over crowded as we need to have more focus on the food.
3. Lighting was also key as they need to be more focused on the food and not to spread out throughout the whole scene. I also added in some warm coloured rim lighting in the background to create the mood as well as to create visual attention on the props. Warm colours in food photography helps to create interest & appetite for the viewers.
4. You may watch the video on the Behind The Scenes activities during the photoshoot session by clicking the video below:
5. Below are the final images.
Chives Chicken Roll
Golden Shrimp Roll
Japanese Sweet Potato Bun
7. If you would like to try out these Halal Dim Sum food, you may their website to view & order. They come in packs, so you will need to prepare them yourselves at home.
Visit Dah Dim Sum? here >> https://www.dahdimsum.com
8. Finally I would like to thank Pn Nina Zain for engaging us and providing a review on our service.
If you need a Food Photography service by us, please visit www.muhdikmal.com
#muhdikmalphotography #klphotographer #foodphotography #foodphotographer